Apple - Pleasure to work with the best minds. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

"Pleasure to work with the best minds."

Current Employee - Consulting Engineering Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Consulting Engineering Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

Innovative in all areas. You are always part of the cutting edge. After years in the Marines I felt like I was part of another team again.

Cons

In engineering, if you were not in Cupertino you were not considered to be in the same class. I gained weight from eating at Cafe Mac.

Advice to Management

Hire me back!!! I am a huge evangelist that has successfully worked in the corporate arena for Apple before leaving to go to a .com. I am still pro-Apple in my office and in all of my dealings within the Energy Industry.

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Towson, MD
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Towson, MD

Pros

Great work environment, people, products and company. For a college student you get an opportunity to learn, get paid well and have a nice benefits package. And the discounts aren't bad either.

Cons

Things change quite often and sometimes create confusion amongst staff.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees concerns.

"High Pressure, Great Rewards"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Pros

Lots of interesting problems to work on, many different areas to work in, and a ton of smart people who have been working there for ages.

The pay is competitive, the stock price is skyrocketing, and the benefits are on par with the rest of the valley.

Cons

Very high pressure environment; Product release schedules are absolutely key.

Company secrecy is crazy - prototype hardware is kept under strict lockdown and people have lost their jobs for small gaffes.

Advice to Management

There are many different ways to manage people, and while hiring engineers as managers is important, sometimes they don't quite have the management skills needed to perform their duties properly.