Apple - Horrible, cult-like place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

"Horrible, cult-like place to work."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

I made the best friends of my entire life working here. Apple knows how to hire amazing people. This is the only pro.

Cons

I dealt with actual verbal abuse from both management and customers on a weekly if not daily basis. I was treated like a peon and a disposable member of an army rather than an actual human being who mattered. There were numerous HR issues with coworkers and managers that almost always got swept under the rug. Disgusting. I would never recommend working here to anyone. Every quarter, employees anonymously review management and ours consistently received a score UNDER 0%. I don't even know how you get a negative percent, but this job sucks so badly that it defies math.

Advice to Management

Stop abusing your employees and learn how to run a business.

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

1. "Working for apple was a great experience, but many times I felt "overworked""

Current Employee - Mac Genius in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Mac Genius in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked at home, flexible with schedules, good pay.

Cons

Felt overworked during certain time periods due to lack of proper hiring or forecasting of demand for applecare technicians.

Advice to Management

Create better compensation to employees when working overtime, especially near release dates of new technology which allows for virtually zero down time between assisting customers on technical issues.

"Apple is definitely the best retail experience of my life."

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Rockaway, NJ
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Rockaway, NJ

I have been working at Apple part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have amazing benefits and "learn at your own pace" training that really lets you dig deeper if you want to. I feel like I could read all day about my job and never learn enough!

Cons

Sometimes the exact path to help someone else or yourself isn't very clear. (They're definitely working on this.) Also, it can be a very high stress job if you let it. Sometimes people aren't happy with what their device is doing, even if it's their fault, and can blame you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Have more positive feedback to Specialists in general, it makes us feel better!