Apple - Not at all what I expected | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

"Not at all what I expected"

Current Employee - Creative (Apple Store)
Current Employee - Creative (Apple Store)

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers, product discounts, occasional interesting client projects.

Cons

High school politics, micromanagement, holding up opportunities for potential people, constantly teaching people basic computer skills gets mundane. Work/life balance is terrible. I don't see much of a future here. "Credo" and "culture" are a bit to be desired. One thing to believe in the products but the culture is way too much "juice" with their "fearless feedback", etc. Too many employees also don't know much about the product and use.

Advice to Management

Let Creatives actually BE Creatives! My store was mismanaged from the get go with management making it seem like getting your certifications in pro apps was a "reward" when it's supposed to be part of your job! We lost potential with more professional users and have become known as a "retirees" club. It's becoming mundane! Also, retail hours in general just suck but even more so when it's 9 hour days. Good luck EVER having a work/life balance and kiss the family goodbye. Mentally draining and feel like my brain is going to mush as the repetitive same questions from customers becomes tiring.

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

1. "Goo company to work for, can get better"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent innovation, think out o the box culture

Cons

Not for people who aspire true corporate culture and regular 9-6 jobs

Advice to Management

Continue down the same path of innovation

2. "They get it."

I worked at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, positive work-life balance, the employees tend to be interesting people who are passionate about their jobs, a company that is never content and constantly seeking new ways to innovate and be leaders in the industry.

Cons

Cultish following, pay is average (but great benefits more than make up for that).

Advice to Management

Keep looking for ways to shake things up, the horizontal structure is working very well, if you let some of your best minds go, let them know they're always welcome back!