Apple - Used to be great culture, downhill the last few years. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

"Used to be great culture, downhill the last few years."

Former Employee - Family Room Specialist in New York, NY
Former Employee - Family Room Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great foundation in the company

Cons

Terrible treatment, no help towards achieving goals

Advice to Management

Pay better attention to employee needs instead of just customer.

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

1. "Not what I'd expected"

Former Employee - Business Specialist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Business Specialist in Boston, MA

I worked at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. People for the most part generally care about customers needs and each other. Great opportunity for a younger person (25 and younger) looking for a career.

Cons

The cool aid is sometimes hard to swallow, even for the most die hard Apple fans. Not a place for someone with a lot of experience unless you are willing to unlearn everything you've learned before.

2. "Fun and delight with our customers, but a struggle for the people within."

Current Employee - Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The experience of "enriching lives" is what makes this job so much fun. Every customer who visits us gives us an opportunity to surprise and delight them beyond imagine, regardless of whether they are completely new to the products and services or if their fourteenth Mac is crashing in flames. We can't always work magic, but when all the gears turn together amazing things happen. We are given a lot of flexibility to "get to yes" and make things possible where it may not be at other retailers.

Cons

It's retail, so be prepared to navigate an ever-shifting field of politics and drama to get anywhere in the company. Various training initiatives that spark up to address immediate need and then phase off once short-term goals are met. The impression that management truly cares about growth and development, and will dangle carrots that lead to uncertain outcomes for creating and navigating a career at Apple.

Advice to Management

Value your people and their contributions, and their desires to grow and explore. You have a chance to revolutionize not just the lives of our customers, but also the way business is done.