Apple - Great atmosphere to work, awesomely diverse people and loved selling their product. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

"Great atmosphere to work, awesomely diverse people and loved selling their product."

Former Employee - Specialist
Former Employee - Specialist

I worked at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a second job and I always said "If I have to have a second job, I am really glad this is the job"...

Cons

Communications were a bit of a challenge on occasion due to the limited number of hours I was working (16 hours).

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

1. "awesome"

Former Employee - Genius Administrative in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Genius Administrative in Madison, WI

I worked at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Favorite job ever. Loved the atmosphere and you were set up for success. Learned so much about sales and the field.

Cons

Pay is not great. Work is satisfying and you really can set your own pace. Love the amount of opportunities.

Advice to Management

Pay is just not there. These are professionals that are working crazy hours. Compensation would make retention easier. Everyone gets recruited.

2. "Apple Specialist"

Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Apple part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the best people I have worked with. Talented, creative, and just a joy to be around (not including management). Had they not been there, I would not have stayed for as long as I did.

Cons

At first, management was welcoming, made everyone feel at home and would support your decision with a customer regardless of who they were. Then, a new shift in management came through and were micro-managing to a ridiculous degree. Also, they were unsupportive of the workers unless you were considered a "favorite" by which I mean, you had to think like them.

Also, be prepared for some grueling conversations with customers, most likely getting sworn at, and learning to get a backbone if you don't already have one.

Expect no vacation time, unless you ask for it in the summer. You run by their schedule and only their schedule. I was not able to visit family for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Spring Break.

Advice to Management

Get to know the people you work with. Respect them and they will respect you. Micromanaging is not the only way to get people to do what you want. There are many other ways to lead a group of people. Also, back up your team. If you don't, how can you be a leader?