Apple - Not what I expected. | Glassdoor

"Not what I expected."

Current Employee - Production Designer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People are impressed when they hear you work at Apple. Apple encourages learning, classes are offered to learn new software. They have some really fun events and guest speakers. Cupertino is a pleasant town if you are tired of the crowds and cold weather of San Francisco.

Cons

Work space is very crowded. Everyone in my group works in one open room. Very political work environment. Some groups burn out employees quickly and have low job retention. There is often no notice if you have to stay late.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone in organization better, not just upper management, and you would have higher employee satisfaction and retention.

Apple2013-04-07
  1. "company is fabuulous and great"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great company to work for

Cons

they spend too much money on employee compensation

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing

Apple2019-06-18

"Challenging, Rewarding, but ZERO work/life balance. Most satisfying , most difficult and most rewarding job ever."

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

We work with geniuses - in every department, We create innovative products that thrill our customers and create new product categories - who else can say that?

Cons

ZERO ZERO ZERO work/life balance. Execs have been saying for YEARS that they understand and will make it better. But in actuality, it gets worse every year! It is obviously top management LIP SERVICE because if they meant it, they could fix it tomorrow. They have hundreds of BILLIONS in the bank. If they REALLY cared about employee work/life balance, they could bring aboard the right number of folks to...

Apple2014-08-29

Discover more reviews about Apple.