Apple - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Store Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Apple full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great development and employee benefits

Cons

Extremely busy and always changing

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

1. "In 6+ years of working retail this was by far the best job experience I have had."

Former Employee - Specialist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Specialist in Boston, MA

I worked at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Invest in employees with training, great HR support, everyone is enthusiastic and friendly.

Cons

Worked here during college, shifts were busy so expect to be energized and ready to go.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the training, mentoring and development. That is what made me excited to come to work everyday verse other retail jobs.

2. "Great friends, reliable, fun"

Current Employee - Specialist
    Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Amazing people - seriously, because Apple focuses on your relatable qualities when they hire you, it creates an amazing environment of interesting and friendly people. I considerable my Apple co-workers a family and I've made amazing friends that I'll have for years to come.
    - Learn every single day
    - Awesome benefits and decent pay
    - Fairly transparent management
    - Opportunity for self-improvement. Some people can make Apple retail a career. But for those who aren't planning on that, their training allows for opportunities to improve on yourself. A lot of the skills used and developed on the sales floor have positively impacted who I am as a person. I'm more patient, knowledgeable, can strike up meaningful conversation with strangers - all things that can be very useful in life or for future jobs.

Cons

- For many employees, it's easy for the job to become your life. You work there 8 hours, slowly you realize all of your friends are your co-workers, you end up talking about work when you're not there, etc.

Advice to Management

I'd love it if management was a bit more serious about putting employee suggestions to action. Sometimes I feel as if it's all talk and not actually walking the walk.