Apple - The Best Retail Position | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

"The Best Retail Position"

Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Boulder, CO
Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Boulder, CO

Pros

I had never worked in retail before starting with the Apple Store, but from my point of view, it seems that Apple is one of the best retail sales positions in the country. The management was competent, the customers were generally well-educated and easy to talk to, and communication among coworkers, management, and customers was above average. I loved working with the Apple staff, they were all generally very easygoing and friendly. Not to mention that the pay was good for an entry level retail position. I would work for Apple again in a heartbeat.

Cons

Training was a bit rushed due to it being the holiday season and them needing to get me out on the sales floor ASAP. Other than that, I was assigned back of house inventory duty for a good portion of the time I was there, even though my sales numbers were good. That was a bit frustrating.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and keep hiring people that are not only good at their job, but also fun to be around and motivating to their employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

1. "Assistant Manager who worked the way up through the ranks."

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Salem, NH
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Salem, NH

Pros

Product discounts, being part of a great team and awesome company. Apple is an innovator in the tech industry and is breaking the rules in retail.

Cons

Pay is low, but for the most part, so is most of retail. Tech positions are not paid well and often over worked.

Advice to Management

Think less about the bottom line and the sales will show. Friendly service goes a long way. People want to be a part of the Apple Experience.

"Company Run By A Genius is not necessarily a great place to work!"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager

Pros

Apple still has a great cachet, and is an exciting place to gain industry experience for a newcomer to the industry. However, it is not the best place for a seasoned executive.

Cons

Everything depends on the next hit product and of Steve Jobs staying ahead of the competition. Although there is lots to like in Apple's products, they have fallen behind before with Steve Jobs, and he will not be there forever.

Advice to Management

Find some other visionaries, you are way too dependent on Steve Jobs.