Apple - Amazing company, amazing people, amazing benefits | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

"Amazing company, amazing people, amazing benefits"

Current Employee - At Home Advisor in West Palm Beach, FL
Current Employee - At Home Advisor in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Apple full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, pay, hours, nice people, good work environment, awesome training, very well organized

Cons

None, the company is awesome

Advice to Management

You guys are awesome, keep innovating and maybe take some suggestions from the little people!

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

"Different than the typical outside impression."

Current Employee - Software QA Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Software QA Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Descent salary, good benefits, 401K match, stock bonus, & other perks.

Cons

No documentation, little/no software engineering process, high expectations/workload.

"Worth the experience gained. Glad it is over."

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job started off as one of the coolest, most interesting things to happen to me (job-wise). I made so many good friends and connections through Apple retail. I will have those connections for life. Perks were great, discounts were great, location was great. I was really pleased in how the management was more flexible then I imagined before I was hired on. Everything seemed great at the start, but now you'll want to read the Cons.

Cons

Where do I begin? Most customers lack basic common sense with electronic gadgets. Then they have the gall to call you a greenhorn and scoff at you because of their ignorance. Highly distasteful attitudes from customers that didn't get their way. I worked in a high end part of town and all the Elites shopped.

I felt that everyone in the Genius Bar area had their head so far up the backside that any new-hire was a complete newcomer and knew absolutely nothing about computers. Very disappointing to work with know-it-alls every day. I will say that there was a nice hazing at first. Instead of the bad hazing, I was treated overly nice for the first three months.

There's a ton of training that is involved when you're first hired on. There's always a push to do it all within a really small amount of time. It's usually always busy in any of the Apple retail stores. When it comes down to the wire, the hustle you like no tomorrow.

Management was somewhat of a disappointment. I have to say that the management is under extreme pressure to do things a certain way, so that is my grain of salt for this situation. Expect them to constantly remind you of "this" and "that." They seemed to be constantly overwhelmed and would forget about lunch breaks, things of that nature.

I didn't like how some of the management would talk down to you. How everything is so beautiful, wonderful, devine and enchanted. How it's a privilege to work for Apple. Apple has the privilege of hiring on some of the most amazing people I've been around.

Being a realist, it is best to be cut and dry. Being talked down to constantly by people that are typically younger than yourself. Not very enjoyable.

It was difficult to advance in the company because of bad management situations. Set schedules for talks were always canceled and most of the folks that were a tutor/mentor would get out of there as soon as they were done with work. Same for me.

Advice to Management

Treat the people that have true talent and experience with a little more respect. Help the ones that help everyone else and genuinely want to succeed. Favoritism can be hurtful. Especially when the person they come to favor stabs them in the back (they don't know it), is on drugs half the time, and doesn't care about the future of his/her own life, or others.