Apple - We're number 1 for a reason | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Apple

"We're number 1 for a reason"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Sacramento, CA

Pros

I'm proud to work for a company that believes in making 'meaning', not just making money

Cons

Pricey to live at corp. HQ in cupertino

Advice to Management

Expand the operations at the Elk Grove facility

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

"If you want to make a difference in tech, there's really no better place to be"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

Pros

You get a chance to innovate, making a difference. The tech industry desperately needs someone to show how you can truly innovate in a way that people get, and Apple does that. Benefits are acceptable, but not great. But really, I'm in this job because I like what I do, not because of the compensation. Lately, that hasn't been an issue though, because of the way AAPL has rallied. Other than the innovative part, I like the mentality of people at Apple. People in general are open to new ideas, and if you push for it, you can realize your dreams here.

Cons

People are working very long hours at Apple, especially in crucial projects where delays are simply not acceptable. It's a job to live for, and if you're not willing to do that, you're probably not going to have a great time at Apple. Raising a family while working at Apple is a hard thing, and I'd recommend anyone thinking about it to either have a partner that is not working, or getting some help taking care of your kids. Also, the compensation isn't great. The AAPL rally lately have compensated for that, but that won't last forever. But Apple management knows they can get away with paying lower salaries because of the hype surrounding the company.

Advice to Management

Be even more open to new ideas. There's a lot of people at Apple with great ideas, and not all of them get a chance to get heard.

2. "interning at apple: much expected, much received"

Former Employee - Intern in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Cupertino, CA

Pros

California, secrets, they push your abilities, they turn out great products.

Cons

long hours, lots is expected of you, and what you do must be perfect. that is the standard, which is a double-edged sword.

Advice to Management

I was an intern, and I didn't feel like I was directly managed very much. I kinda hung myself with a long leash, but that was probably my own problem.