Apple - Great. | Glassdoor

"Great."

Current Employee - Engineer in Apple Valley, CA
Current Employee - Engineer in Apple Valley, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Apple knows what is up.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

Advice to Management

IDK

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

"EMEIA Mac Expert"

Former Contractor - AOS Mac Expert in Austin, TX
    Former Contractor - AOS Mac Expert in Austin, TX

I worked at Apple as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

You get to say you work for apple. The culture is great and you get to work on an iMac all day.

Cons

You start off as a volt contacted employee. You are treated like the step children no one wants. They have separate meetings for you and Apple Standard employees to really make you feel like you're special. Ive seen managers fire people just because they didn't like an individual and even when they had incredible numbers. A lot of politics at Apple they tend to hire people who kiss ass rather than having hard working employees. You are at a call center and under paid for the hours you work and bs you put up with on the phone.
    Not the best of jobs but like I said it is retail and it is "Apple" I don't know how many people last over a year as many people get burned out after a year or so.
    Also so many Volt employees go in a year ins literally impossible to get on full time. They only open up reqs like once a year and like I said numbers don't really matter if you can kiss the bosses ass the most you will probably get hired.

Advice to Management

Quit the micromanaging especially when its an inbound call center.

2. "Rewarding, but left me wanting more."

Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Boston, MA

I worked at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my store, I worked with a lot of smart interesting people. They did a great job creating an environment with people who cared about doing there job well. Great benefits, very little micromanagement.

Cons

The expectations they have you contrasted with their unwillingness to further your career is unbelievably frustrating. Being a part-timer gives you little to no ability to move within the company. You are happy when people leave, because you know they are off to somewhere better. The pay is good enough to keep low motivated liberal art graduates around, but not enough to make you want to stay. It is impossible to make a career there unless you want to be a manager. And I don't know why youd want to.

Advice to Management

Management drinks the kool-aid, and some of it is warranted, but a lot of it is not. It's hard to get straight talk from someone who works higher up.