Apple - I would say it was ok and secure having a job there | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

"I would say it was ok and secure having a job there"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Cork (Ireland)
Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Cork (Ireland)

I worked at Apple full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good trainings provided, but very strict about time management. Being on the phone all day long can be very exhausting. Especially when I was level 2.

Cons

It gets boring after a while and you feel like a robot.

Advice to Management

Not always pushing people to there limits.

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

"Good for experience, Bad for development"

Former Employee - Specialist in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - Specialist in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun place for work
    Good benefits
    Great product

Cons

Poor management
    Unfair salary system
    no help for career development

Advice to Management

be fair to people
    pay more for people really get talent

2. "Likely to be an amazing experience, but not if you're a fan of Apple..."

Former Employee - Specialist in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Former Employee - Specialist in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I worked at Apple part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They hire great people consistently, people you will befriend for a long time. The perks are amazing (just not for your wallet!) and the launch events are always memorable. There are opportunities to develop your career by switching roles and getting training, if you are good enough.

Cons

Being the face of the most recognised company in the world is not always fun. You will have to take a lot of criticism and negativity on the chin for the company. If you aren't prepared for this, and have a lot of passion for Apple's products and vision, it gets quite hard so get ready to grow some seriously thick skin. The other issue now is that Apple Retail's priorities have shifted from the products to profits. I know you might think this is a 'duh!' statement, but I worked there for 5 years and watched the types of training and the attitudes of management change from being product-centric and non-target-driven, to new staff knowing nothing about the products and given target after target to hit. They will up-sell EVERYTHING to customers, despite being the most valuable brand in the world. This was central to me ending my career with Apple.

Advice to Management

You do a great job at motivating your people but the targets are relentless and definitely not the spirit of the Apple of old. Maybe I'm naive in thinking that spirit died with Steve Jobs, but there was a noticeable shift in attitudes coinciding with that. Selling stuff to people who don't need it is part and parcel of retail, but it occurs at the extreme end of the scale at Apple and such high-margin goods. Be glad that they are buying your product without shoving care packages and training in their face too.