Apple - Love being a customer, didn't love being an employee. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

"Love being a customer, didn't love being an employee."

Former Employee - At Home Advisor in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - At Home Advisor in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Apple delivers amazing products to its customers (I was an Apple fangirl long before I started working for them). That is the biggest pro. Job wise, benefits were good, as was the 25% off employee discount (and the $500 off computer or iPad every three years). Flexible schedules for students.

Cons

As an At Home Advisor the work day got pretty boring as your whole day was spent answering phone calls for the same product. Difficult to take time off (at least my manager wouldn't allow us to take time off, even unpaid, if we didn't have the vacation time), which seemed ridiculous considering it was an hourly part-time position. This particular position caused lots of stress to myself as well as others on my team.

Advice to Management

My particular At Home Advisor Manager was very inexperienced (it was her first time as a team manager). I would recommend that a first time manager has a "coach" that is involved just as much during their first year so that things run smoother. Or increase team sizes and give each team multiple managers of varied experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

1. "I had a great time and learned a lot even though the corporate culture at Apple isn't as exciting as other companies."

Former Intern - Finance Intern in Cupertino, CA
    Former Intern - Finance Intern in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart people, strong pay, opportunity to work on meaningful projects as an intern

Cons

Food is subsidized, but not free. The atmosphere at the company is a bit more cold than at other Silicon Valley companies

Advice to Management

Fun employee benefits like free food make a big difference in employee satisfaction.

2. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Specialist in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Specialist in Louisville, KY

I worked at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved my experience with the company

Cons

nothing bad to say here