Apple - Great student job (At-Home Advisor) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

"Great student job (At-Home Advisor)"

Former Employee - At-Home Advisor in Eugene, OR
Former Employee - At-Home Advisor in Eugene, OR

I worked at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay. Work around your class schedule. Work from home. Managers are supportive. Lot of mentorship and development by both direct supervisors and continuous training. They often send gifts boost moral and create a sense of team.

Cons

Nothing really bad to say. The job itself can suck at times. Customers can be really demanding and rude. BUT, once you get into your routine, the few bad calls you get are easy to deal with.

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

"I have loved working here the past 8 yrs."

Current Employee - Finance in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Finance in Austin, TX

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ability to move around in the company to different roles, can dress casual, lots of employee perks.

Cons

I have no complaints about working at Apple. I have enjoyed working here the past 8 yrs.

Advice to Management

I feel management has done a great job of providing opportunities for career advancement and I have appreciated their help.

"Has potential"

Current Employee - Engineering Project Manager in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Project Manager in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to work on some of the best hardware in the world. Ability to work from home occasionally. Excellent commuter benefits. Has a generous sick leave policy. Annual cost of living raises.

Cons

There are a whole lot of inexperienced managers here and there is no training to help them learn people management skills. They tend to promote good performers without any management skills and then don't help them obtain any. Be extremely judicious in getting onto a team that has great leadership because there is a huge inconsistency in management skills. Not really a company that appreciates and respects older, experienced folks, geared more for the 25-35 crowd. Starting salaries are low compared to other companies in silicon valley, but do give annual cost of living raises (as opposed to other companies that bring you in high but never give raises).

Advice to Management

Really need to get some training for managers in people management skills. Far too many talented people are promoted to management positions and then find out they just have to sink or swim with no help to develop people management skills.