Apple - Apple retail was wonderful in the early years, changed a lot after Steve died and Ron Johnson left. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

"Apple retail was wonderful in the early years, changed a lot after Steve died and Ron Johnson left."

I worked at Apple full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Apple Retail has some really great people, good benefits and for the most part, a fun environment.

Cons

It's retail, awful hours, some awful customers and while they talk "work life balance" you are expected to work often with little notice and EVERY weekend. In the early 2000's it was all about the customer experience, now it's all about selling and how much can we make off of a customer. I had a manager actually tell me "I expect $5,000 an hour out of transactions like that". After giving Apple 11 years of my life, that was the last straw....

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics that Apple Retail was founded on.

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

"Apple is a dream company! Amazing entry level tech job, but learning potential is limited at the retail level."

Current Employee - Mac Genius
    Current Employee - Mac Genius

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation, benefits, flexible schedules. The culture of the company is outstanding, you are inspired to be the best you can be, and there is growth opportunity. Management drives for high performance, but in a positive way that eliminates unnecessary pressure and encourages collaboration and helping peers. Your colleagues are smart and fun, there is great camaraderie and healthy competition between coworkers. You will master people skills in a short amount of time.

Cons

The technical skills you can acquire from Apple as a retail tech support consultant fell short of my expectations. Erratic, inconsistent retail schedules can be hard to deal with over time. Apple is so successful that the stores are often crowded beyond comfortable levels. The Genius Bar is very stressful due to the huge volumes of traffic you have to handle. Managing upset customers all day long can emotionally wear anyone down, so the job demands high mental fortitude.

2. "Fun yet difficult"

Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist
    Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist

I worked at Apple full-time

Pros

products, people, environment, and cause

Cons

no leadership, no movement (upword mobility)

Advice to Management

hire from within...