Employee Review

Nov 29, 2014 - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice cafeteria. It was exciting at first, thinking I was going to help the famous garage-shop entrepreneur with his dream.

Cons

It's just unbelievable that, after I hired on I had absolutely no job assignment, no introduction to the group, no keys to the group area. Just sat there waiting, waiting waiting. No matter how much I studied the product line and showed how I could use my skill set to really help them where I knew help was needed, all I got was nothing, no communication, no job assignment. So I watched a critical product get delayed, and delayed, and delayed. Instead of analysis and calculations, their approach to solve the problem was to have meetings meetings meetings on and on with a bunch of people who couldn't care less, staring at their cell phones instead of joining the meeting! I was like, This is Apple? RUFKMe? By having meetings upon meetings the manager could lie to the upper management that something was being done.I looked back at my resume to make sure it didn't say somewhere, "I am skilled at being ignored and tapping my fingers on my desk". Nope, not in there.

Continue reading

Jul 30, 2021 - CEO-Founder in Indianapolis, IN
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cool for working sometimes but nice

Cons

Liberal super liberal and technocracy

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Pros

We work with geniuses - in every department, We create innovative products that thrill our customers and create new product categories - who else can say that?

Cons

ZERO ZERO ZERO work/life balance. Execs have been saying for YEARS that they understand and will make it better. But in actuality, it gets worse every year! It is obviously top management LIP SERVICE because if they meant it, they could fix it tomorrow. They have hundreds of BILLIONS in the bank. If they REALLY cared about employee work/life balance, they could bring aboard the right number of folks to make that issue dissolve. Sick of hearing the lies. Just don't lie about wanting to fix it, when they clearly DON'T care

1222 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Apple.