Apple - Any job could be what you make of it | Glassdoor

"Any job could be what you make of it"

Current Employee - Software QA Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pros - get to work with some incredibly smart people on products/technology that's used all over the world. Most people do work where the contribution really does matter. Pay could be really good depending on your performance (ie stock options, bonus, etc).

Cons

There are huge differences in work/life balance depending on you / your team / your manager / organization, and on the ability to say "NO" at each of those levels to the people/team where that request is coming from. Due to secrecy / culture, often several teams work on similar solutions wasting engineering hours. Similar mistakes from similar teams can sometimes be seen year after year.

Advice to Management

Do feedback on the managers, to be provided to the manager's manager as well as the level above.

Apple2015-02-22
  1. "Work environement"

Current Employee - Senior Optical Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is a very good company. The environment is very friendly

Cons

It doesn't have that much cons. You should work really hard

Apple2019-06-15

"Challenging, Rewarding, but ZERO work/life balance. Most satisfying , most difficult and most rewarding job ever."

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

We work with geniuses - in every department, We create innovative products that thrill our customers and create new product categories - who else can say that?

Cons

ZERO ZERO ZERO work/life balance. Execs have been saying for YEARS that they understand and will make it better. But in actuality, it gets worse every year! It is obviously top management LIP SERVICE because if they meant it, they could fix it tomorrow. They have hundreds of BILLIONS in the bank. If they REALLY cared about employee work/life balance, they could bring aboard the right number of folks to...

Apple2014-08-29

Discover more reviews about Apple.