Apple - A great job for young workers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

"A great job for young workers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Pros

Beautiful campus, cool products, smart co-workers. It's a fun company to be associated with. Your friends will be jealous (and also ask you to buy products using your employee discount).

Cons

As Apple continues to do better as a company, they also cut back on employee benefits. The employees with lots of stock keep getting richer, while the rest work too much overtime for average compensation compared to other companies. Healthcare costs are passed on to the employees, so benefits that were once the best in the valley pay for much less now.

Apple quietly gets rid of older, more expensive workers, and replaces them with the recent college grads who are willing to work more hours for lower pay. If you are young, it's a fun place to work a lot of hours and it looks great on your resume. But don't plan to stay there too long, unless you get lots of stock.

Advice to Management

How about a pension program? Many workers have $millions in stock. Many don't.

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

"Great work environment."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

Pros

- get to work on fantastic products
    - challenging problems
    - meet the most talented people in the industry
    - fast paced environment, startup like

Cons

- work load can be extremely
    - compensation might be better in other, smaller companies
    - no profit sharing
    - very hard to get promoted

Advice to Management

I would really like to see profit sharing happen. Other than that management at apple is one of the best i have ever seen, very focused, driven.

2. "A solid money-making opportunity with a great atmosphere and awesome products."

Current Employee - Specialist in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Specialist in Cambridge, MA

Pros

Apple is innovative and hard-working. It not the easiest job but if your looking for challenge (which I was) and want to work with retail and technology there is no better company to work for. The benefits are great - even when you are part-time. No matter what position you work with the company there is always room for growth and everyone is one big happy family.

Apple spends lots of money, time and har-work into making Apple retail flawless. They have a special corporate team dedicated to making internal software that'll ease workflow for employees and customers.

Cons

The politics inside of Apples culture are a little bizarre. For example, when something is released and it is slightly wrong or people are unhappy with it the everyone in the company needs to be prepared to take one stance on the subject and hold onto that stance until Apple says other wise.

Advice to Management

Communication over RNN is great but, sometimes I feel as if I would like to be able to check my Apple webmail from home, even if I'm part-time. In my store there is a lot of communication through Apple webmail and I don't get that communication until I actually go to the store which is 1-2 times/week since I'm PT.