Apple - Firmware development for Apple products | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

"Firmware development for Apple products"

Current Employee - Firmware Engineer III in Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Firmware Engineer III in Cupertino, CA

Pros

You get a chance to work with teams where management & engineers are very Intelligent and Hard working. Go Apple :)

Cons

Certain HR benefits are less compared to other companies but other than that I don't see any other downsides of working @ apple. This is a great place to work and grow in your career.

Advice to Management

Management makes all the right decisions on a timely manner and always produce products of high quality in the market. I think providing more benefits to company employees would be the advise from my side.

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

"8 out of 10 on NPS"

Current Employee - Genius in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Genius in New York, NY

Pros

Very good place to work. Great benefits, great co-workers. Most of all especially since Apple products are such a hot commodity their retail and corporate sectors has weathered the economic woes over the last few years. So... I think that explains it!

Cons

Since I work in the retail sector it's very demanding and can be very redundant. The products and services pretty much sell themselves. There's no real challenge for me at this company in my position anymore.

Advice to Management

Do not make something harder than it needs to be.

2. "Great job before starting a 'Real Job'"

Current Employee - Family Room Specialist in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Family Room Specialist in Lancaster, PA

Pros

The work is not too difficult
    Health benefits are great
    Co-Workers provide a friendly environment
    Working for a huge and influential company is fun

Cons

The pay is much less than what I would want in a full time job
    While co-workers are fun to hang around, most do not have any initiative and are satisfied to either stay in their current job, or only move up within the company.

Advice to Management

The leadership as far as Apple Corporate goes is great, however the leadership at the retail level is no different than the managers at another store such as Gap or American Eagle, and that's not the way it should happen. Also, there should be pathways to corporate from retail for those that don't wish to stay in retial, but that program has been eliminated.