AppleOne - Never Work for these people. They are mean and lazy. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AppleOne

"Never Work for these people. They are mean and lazy."

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were absolutely zero pros. This was by far the worst work experience I've ever had. I suppose the only pro is that I no longer work for them.

Cons

I never once had a lunch break or any other kind of break the entire time I worked for them. I was lied to about the position and ended up doing exponentially more work for super low pay. When I complained to AppleOne about my slavery type working conditions, they threatened to take me off the assignment which was essentially firing me because I wanted a meal break during my over 9 hour day. I was a slave. I was disrespected. They were just plain mean to me.

Advice to Management

Fire ALL of your "account reps." Also, please train all staff in the ways of proper communication and send them through some type of sensitivity training. The better option with the bad reputation you already have is to just shut down and start over with a fresh philosophy and a staff that treats other humans with a little bit of decency and respect.

Other Employee Reviews for AppleOne

"An employment service that is professional and efficient."

Current Contractor - Secretary, Receptionist, Clerical, Accounting in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They work hard to find assignments for their candidates.

Cons

At times there just aren't enough assignments and you end up with some down time.

Advice to Management

It's disappointing to see positions on the internet through Monster, ZipRecruiting and such - and when you open them, AppleOne has the position available. Some times for a week. Especially disappointing when you know you are registered with that AppleOne office and haven't heard a word from anyone about the position. AND it's on the internet for a week.

2. "Lots of jobs for a contractor, but difficult to work with the company's in-house staff."

Former Contractor - "Associate" in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Contractor - "Associate" in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Frequent job placement (depending on what city you live in). And depending on which staffer is representing you, they will work hard to get you in a job. It can be a great way to get to know a city and be introduced to new job fields.

Cons

1. High rotation in-house often means you get different people representing you suddenly, you may not like each other or they're just invested more in other associates/contractors, & they may not work as hard to get you jobs. 2. They take an enormous cut from your pay (which in turn can cut into your motivation).

Advice to Management

Try to keep in-house staff rotation down, and decrease the commission taken for jobs given to contractors. That way, in-house staff competition to "sell" jobs will be less cut-throat; and more people (companies, in-house staff, and contractors) will stick with the company all around.