AppleOne - Very disappointing Staff agency | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AppleOne

"Very disappointing Staff agency"

Pros

I met with a recruiter a job fair. She was impressed with my resume and said that she can help me find work. Went to her office to talk some more. She acted genuine

Cons

Took the placement tests and scored average. My recruiter told me that my scores were too low and that I would not be sent on assignment. What do their clients want anyway? No such thing as a perfect employee

Other Employee Reviews for AppleOne

"High turnover due to shady intraoffice politics and oppressive sales pressure"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at AppleOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well thought out sales policies, clear expectations and comprehensive training.

Cons

Staffing and sales are difficult fields, which usually take a lot of groundwork before you see great results. AppleOne puts ridiculous demands on new employees, especially on a branch manager level and then leaves them out to dry. It's not a 40 hour work week and to be successful, it's not even a 50 hour one either. I regularly put in 60+ hours and was still treated like a criminial if I needed to leave work for any reason. I feel like they just exploited my solid work ethic and tried to make me feel personally responsible for things that were beyond my control. I ended up being terminated without a clear answer as to why and I soon realized what a blessing that was. I didnt realize how much tension and anxiety this comlany caused me. Pick another, more employee centric company!!!

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees, heavy turnover in a staffing agency is just bad for busiess. Hire upper level managers with more integrity.

"Bait and Switch"

Current Contractor - Temp in Denver, CO
    Current Contractor - Temp in Denver, CO

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

My account exec is really nice, good location for the office, direct deposit. Found me an assignment quickly in a still crummy economy. Didn't hold it against me that I quit my last job for personal reasons/quality of life concerns.

Cons

Lower pay than many other agencies. At the last assignment I did for them 2 years ago, I was on average making $1-$2 less/hr than my temporary co-workers thru other agencies. My account exec this time around pulled a bait and switch on me (and it's happened before at another AppleOne office, I think just to get me in the door and ask about my current company)-had initially offered me an assignment that paid $18.90/hr and I ended up being "rejected" for that one (if it even existed in the first place, which I doubt) and accepting an assignment for $14.00/hr that required 2 interviews, 3 separate background checks, 10 year residence history, fingerprinting and a copy of my birth certificate to be provided. Since I've already completed the process, I'm going to go thru with the assignment, but I got tired of being asked for "just one more thing" every few days or so. I should've had my behind in the chair at this assignment weeks ago.

Advice to Management

Help your account execs get a little bit more organized so that when they're asking for additional info/documentation from their temps, they can get everything at once instead of forcing us unemployed/broke temps to run around town and waste gas and time needlessly. Allow for better accessibility to account execs. It seems like every time I call up wanting to speak with mine, she's on the phone, in an interview or away from the office. I always have to leave messages/emails and wait for a return call.