Applebee's - Great place | Glassdoor

"Great place"

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Columbia, MO
Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Columbia, MO

I worked at Applebee's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Discount on food. Fun environment.

Cons

A lot of manager turnover

Advice to Management

Listen to employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Applebee's

"My experience at Applebee's can be summed up in one word: dysfunctional."

Former Employee - Hostess in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Hostess in Omaha, NE

I worked at Applebee's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work was very easy, and it was fun a lot of the time. There was quite a bit of downtime on specific nights, like Sunday and Monday. The managers were relatively relaxed, and the tips weren't awful.

Cons

Downsides: management. In my time at Applebee's, I had 6 different managers (they liked to shuffle managers from one successful location to another failing one). If you get bored easily, this is not the job for you. Most of the time, my coworkers were texting or hanging out in the back room (kitchen). Hosts were overworked, and servers were underworked. As a host, I cleaned the bathrooms, kid seats/chairs, tables, trashcans and trash, restocked mints/crayons/jiob apps, swept the floor, bleached toilets, you name it, I did it.

Advice to Management

Keep management stable per each location. Every time a new manager is shuffled in to a restaurant, they have to earn their status as an authoritative figure. Servers and hosts would regularly disrespect new managers, causing little to no work to be done.

2. "It was a fun place to work. But I never want to work in the restaurant industry again."

Former Employee - Food Server in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Food Server in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Applebee's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Applebee's was just an overall fun place to work. The food was good, so selling the products was pretty easy as long as you knew what you were talking about. The individuals I worked with also added to a great environment and made it an enjoyable job.

Cons

It is a restaurant, so if you can work restaurants or as a server, great! It seemed like perfection was expected of employees, which isn't a bad thing, except employees weren't rewarded accordingly.

Advice to Management

I think the biggest problem I had was the base pay. Most of the time, I never took any of that home, it all went to taxes.