Appleby Systems - Hard work and persistence pays off at Appleby ! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Appleby Systems

"Hard work and persistence pays off at Appleby !"

I have been working at Appleby Systems (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Appleby Systems for 12 years. I started as a sales representative at the York Branch and had great success right out of the box. This was recognized and within the first year I was asked to become the Corporate Sales Trainer which I did. I was then moved to our West Chester office as interim GM. After that I was the National Sales Trainer and traveled throughout the country teaching people to sell windows. Five years ago I was placed as the General Manager of our York branch where we maintain an A+ rating with the BBB. I have truly enjoyed every challenge that has been placed before me. Important to note, I did not have to ask for any of these positions. I was asked to do these things as a result of my hard work and persistence. Through all of this hard work however, I have never missed a high school play or a marching band performance with my squad of children and my wife has enjoyed the many exotic trips that we would not have gone on had it not been for the family at Appleby.

Cons

If you want to be paid for punching a clock in and out, Appleby doesn't do that. Your earnings will be a direct reflection of your abilities and hard work. You get paid for what you do.

Advice to Management

VP would be good.

Other Employee Reviews for Appleby Systems

1. "Great place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Management in Whitehall, PA
    Current Employee - Management in Whitehall, PA

I have been working at Appleby Systems (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay and bonuses to motivate you to do your best.

Cons

Long hours and very demanding.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing to grow.

2. "The 5 Stars are from their marketing team."

Former Employee - Sales in West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Sales in West Chester, PA

I worked at Appleby Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Other then some really funny people to work with... I can't think of one good thing. How about you get to sleep in most days because of no appointments.

Cons

You drive all over the place on your own $ (no gas or mileage reimbursement). Appointments are always a sham. You work 6 days a week. You're 4x+ the cost of all competitors. If you don't close that night, because they client wants to think about spending $20k+ you're not given a chance to follow up. The list goes on and on... there use to be a lot more honest reviews. But, they pay to have them removed. I can't see how they are above 2 stars.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better.