Applerouth Tutoring Services - Good part-time work, careful about travel time | Glassdoor
  1. "Good part-time work, careful about travel time"

Former Employee - Tutor in Seattle, WA

I worked at Applerouth Tutoring Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good wage for young tutors, plenty of support and training

Cons

Travel time only kicked in past a certain as the crow flies mileage, so ended up scheduling my students specifically to actually get paid for going from one place to another.

Advice to Management

Pay per mile for travel.

Applerouth Tutoring Services2019-04-19

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great work for college student"

Former Employee - Test Proctor in Seattle, WA

I worked at Applerouth Tutoring Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent way to spend weekends as a student - I could get some work done while proctoring. Remote staff was easy to contact and I never had any problems with the sites. Minimal effort besides traveling to tests sites and dropping off packages.

Cons

Sometimes tests were cancelled last minute if attendance was low, which would be inconvenient.

Applerouth Tutoring Services2019-10-08

"Good starting pay, but so much unpaid work and pressure to take on more students"

Former Employee - Tutor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Applerouth Tutoring Services part-time

Pros

Good starting pay Friendly staff Lots of help with learning how to be a better tutor Help when families are being unreasonable

Cons

Constant pressure to take on more and more students - can be pretty manipulative Hours upon hours of unpaid work - writing reports, communicating with parents, prepping for students (especially students who are struggling more) - I probably worked twice the hours I was paid for (and that level of service is expected) Parents are paying so much more than tutors are being paid - they expect tutors to be immediately... responsive. It can feel like you never get a day off. Trainings are required and paid at minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Some sort of pay for all of the extra work and way less pressure to take on more students. If you could retain tutors more effectively, you wouldn’t have to pressure tutors to take on higher workloads than they want.

Applerouth Tutoring Services2019-03-02

Discover more reviews about Applerouth Tutoring Services.