Applied Information Sciences - An excellent Microsoft Technologies company with superior management. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Applied Information Sciences

"An excellent Microsoft Technologies company with superior management."

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager
Former Employee - Senior Program Manager

Pros

Provides exceptional opportunities to learn various Microsoft Technologies. In addition, provides professional environment and opportunities to grow in leadership and management.

Cons

Company attempted to expand in the Houston marketplace without a well defined long term marketing plan. Loss of major account during economic recession resulted in significant staff reductions.

Other Employee Reviews for Applied Information Sciences

1. "Don't regret my decision at all"

Current Employee - Senior Infrastructure Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Infrastructure Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Where do I start? I have been impressed every step of the way since joining this company. Sure, there are areas in which they can improve, but for a company with the growth that has occurred, they are above the standard. First of all, the recruiting team is one of the best and brightest that I have ever worked with. They were there every step of the way and providing valuable information. Other items of note are below:
    - AWESOME onboarding process
    - I've worked with some very good teams, and this is probably the best and brightest group of people I have ever worked with in IT.
    - Great leadership vision for future growth
    - Have adapted to the changing technologies and cloud focused.
    - They want you certified and will encourage and pay for it.
    To sum it all up, I have been impressed by every step of my journey since joining the company and look forward to what the future holds.

Cons

The one con, which is commonplace amongst Federal contracting companies is that much of the work is contract based. In saying that, the company has a great talent management team that works tirelessly to make sure employees stay competitive and can be placed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!

Applied Information Sciences Response

Jun 5, 2017 – Talent Manager

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! We’re glad to hear that our overall candidate experience has been a positive one and has transferred into a positive employee experience. We are... More

"Honest"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Reston, VA

I worked at Applied Information Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Food and beer in the office. Random team events are fun. Flexible work schedule. Employees are nice and fun.

Cons

Lay offs are becoming common. The new leadership team is not good at all. They have a hard time seeing the full picture and being inclusive. The company is going through some major client problems. If you want stability or understanding from management, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring if you are going to lay off.

Applied Information Sciences Response

Jul 11, 2017 – Talent Manager

Thanks so much for your review and your appreciation for our work hard, play hard culture. As a company we want to ensure that we provide our employees with an engaging environment, a solid... More