Applied Manufacturing Technologies (Michigan) - Excellence in Engineering | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Applied Manufacturing Technologies (Michigan)

"Excellence in Engineering"

I have been working at Applied Manufacturing Technologies (Michigan) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Training, variety of applications + industries, entrepreneurial, culture, travel, core values

Cons

Most positions require travel (can be a pro if you like the per diem & opportunity to see different places on someone else's dime), sometimes difficult to plan because assignment schedules change

Advice to Management

Keep investing in training

Other Employee Reviews for Applied Manufacturing Technologies (Michigan)

1. "Digital Processing and Simulation"

I have been working at Applied Manufacturing Technologies (Michigan) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and competitive wages. Varying types of work keeps the job interesting

Cons

Not a lot of room to move up in the company only sideways into other departments.

2. "Automation Engineer"

Current Employee - Automation Engineer
    Current Employee - Automation Engineer

I have been working at Applied Manufacturing Technologies (Michigan) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to start work in the world of automation. I've been working here for 3 years in robot programming and controls work. This work has sent me travelling throughout the Midwestern United States, working in packaging, palletizing as work in the automotive industry with welding and machine vision. The company has many great resources for training and they've continuously encouraged me to learn as many new robotic languages as possible. There is a lot of room for professional growth as long as you are willing to work hard.

Cons

Expect to travel as a part of the job, there were many months where I worked for 2 weeks on the road, came home for the weekend and left again Monday morning to go where I was needed. Once this became an issue for my family, they worked with me to get me some time back at home, and were never opposed to taking a week for a breather so as to not get burnt out.

Advice to Management

The lack of a formal review process leaves me wondering how well I am doing, and what areas of my job I need to improve upon.