Apptio - A great place to grow your career | Glassdoor

"A great place to grow your career"

I worked at Apptio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- A lot of opportunity for career growth. You will have no shortage of opportunities - sometimes you have to find them yourself, but they are always going to be there. - Great people who are truly supportive of you - Innovative, category leading product with a lot of momentum

Cons

- Like with most high growth SaaS companies, change is a constant. I can't imagine this isn't something you'd run into elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Continue to remain transparent with your teams to the best of your ability. There are a lot of exciting times ahead, but the people at Apptio are truly extraordinary and deserve to continue to be kept up to date as much as possible. Continue to find ways to celebrate the hard work that has made the company as successful as it is.

Apptio2019-06-18

Apptio Response

June 19, 2019Employer Brand & Employee Engagement Consultant

Thank you very much for your heartfelt feedback and advice. And thanks for contributing to Apptio's success. Team Apptio wishes you the best and remember, you would not be the first Apptian to boomerang back to us some day. Missy Waggoner VP of People

1. "Great place and great people."

Former Employee - Infrastructure Engineer II in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Apptio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work-life balance, Great people, freedom to do stuff.

Cons

Tech debt that eats people time.

Advice to Management

We were told to focus on quality, but then we got back on track doing bad decisions.

Apptio2019-08-13
  2. "Toxic"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Apptio full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are some incredible people working at Apptio. Unfortunately they are not treated with respect.

Cons

One of the most awful professional experiences of my life. VP is vastly unqualified; provided no support, on boarding or training and I was treated like an unwanted guest. I was mocked, chastised and treated with disdain for asking questions and had huge projects dumped on me, called to the carpet over them, then snarkily told I wasn’t actually hired to do them. Chaotic, toxic environment with no goals or support and...

Advice to Management

Hire leaders who understand how to manage instead of promoting under qualified yes people. Treat people with respect-this is an ethical imperative and good business.

Apptio2019-08-19

Discover more reviews about Apptio.