Appway - Absurdistan | Glassdoor

"Absurdistan"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Appway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Initially I thought the flexibility, but now I'm fed up of that too

Cons

The CEO of this company has a twisted vision of reality: he wants to sell to other IT companies their products, implying that they somehow know better than the other IT companies. The funny thing is that Appway is beyond industry standards in every aspect. The codebase has been written by coding school dropouts and would need heavy refactoring/rewriting but nobody wants to take that responsibility. The quality... is very low and teams spend a lot of their time fixing urgent issues. On top of that, the culture is really terrible, people talks a lot behind your back and are not afraid to put you at shame in front of higher management. Finally and probably the biggest issue is that they want to play the Champions League with the same people they had when they played in Third or Fourth League. These people, despite being considered as gods by management, are not capable to bring the company forward. Additionally they are afraid of new comers as these could hinder their careers and will not hesitate to diminish their work and to take an hyper-defensive approach to the awful current situation (in a few occasions, they have pushed that people who came from outside and were trying to change things would be fired or somehow forced to leave).

Advice to Management

Stop trusting the old developers, they are the real problem, they know very little about technology and about how to build a solid software product.

Appway2018-07-23

Appway Response

July 26, 2018Head of People and Places

We're sorry to hear you don’t feel challenged in the right way at Appway – it would be very helpful and constructive if you discussed your concerns directly with one of the leads. As our success stories and broad client base show, we have become a well-respected and a successful ...

Other Employee Reviews

"Super Dynamic Organization"

Current Employee - Office Manager/Human Resources in New York, NY

I have been working at Appway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As someone that has worked for the New York office since the beginning, I can not say enough great things about this organization. From the culture down to the staff (globally), Appway is a class act. Never have I seen such passion, camaraderie and team work. It is a pleasure to be surrounded by such an amazing team!

Cons

Since we are still so new in New York, our notoriety is not quite out there, yet. BUT we are getting there.

Appway2014-07-07

Appway Response

July 23, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review - we are happy to see that the feeling of camaraderie is spread globally and couldn't be happier to have you onboard!

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Appway full-time

Pros

Decent work life balance, that’ it

Cons

-Poor management policy -Extremely low wages -Higher management has no idea about the company as they are busy watching sports and doing Internal politics

Advice to Management

-Make sure you are listening to your employees instead of blindly forcing your decisions on them

Appway2019-03-12

Discover more reviews about Appway.