Aptean - Atlanta Office is a Great Place to Work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aptean

"Atlanta Office is a Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aptean full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, great coworkers, wonderful IT department that gets me everything I need when I need it, great lower management, and most importantly free Starbucks coffee in the break room.

Cons

Very low cubical walls so there is little to no privacy, but it does allow you to get to know your coworkers very well. Also, Aptean is a global company so there are a lot of late/early morning meetings with other offices. It's not a job where you can surf the internet all day, but the work is challenging and engaging.

Advice to Management

I am a new hire and I have been very impressed with Aptean so far. I'm sorry so many people are upset about the merger, but for an entry level employee this job is more than I could have every dreamed for. The work is engaging and challenging and there is something new to learn every day. I am very happy with my current position and look forward to a long and reward career with Aptean.

Other Employee Reviews for Aptean

"The iron fist of Vista Equity Partners."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aptean full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many great people working at Aptean. Aside from the actual work, it was somewhat enjoyable. Great benefits.

Cons

Vista runs everything with no input from Aptean employees. The Aptean Execs have no say-so in the companies direction. Salaries are well below other companies in the industry. They terminated many experienced employees and bring in people with little experience and pay them very little. There is no energy in anyone, They all just seem defeated. People are afriad to speak up for fear of being targeted by their superiors.

Advice to Management

Ride it out until Vista sells Aptean.

"new mgmt team with no clear direction"

I worked at Aptean full-time

Pros

Good customers, great co-workers, if you are a self-starter, you can learn a lot by doing things in a fast pace company.

Cons

high turnover rate. Upper mgmt does not care to keep the best brain in house but to care more abt "numbers". "best practice" so far means cutting best people off and hiring junior with no skills and lower pay, also no clear direction as to how to promote/develop better products and people. Mid level mgmt has some pests that can make your life miserable regardless your performance.

Advice to Management

Hire some people with REAL experience as to how to manage and lead a global software company. Too many talk-the-talk guys at the top with no sense of direction and strategy.