Aqua-Tots Swim Schools - Rewarding job with horrible staff. | Glassdoor
  1. "Rewarding job with horrible staff."

Former Employee - Water Safety Instructor in Surprise, AZ

I worked at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools part-time for less than a year

Pros

Work with kids Families are happy and excited to come swim Meet fantastic kids and families Learn great life skills

Cons

No breaks. If you have to pee you will be told to pee in the pool. If an "in water incident" happens you must clean it. This means you are cleaning vomit, feces, etc. Kids will hit, kick, scream, spit, throw things at you (which is expected, but its not in the job description and they sure don't pay enough for it) Getting a shift covered is impossible. Their "core values" do not align with the actual... representation from management to staff. "relationships over profits"? NOPE. All they want is MONEY. They advertise higher than they actually pay. i.e. $12.50 actually ends up being $11.00. No negotiations. The work you do is not probable cause for a raise. Work your heart out, it doesn't matter. Chlorine is rarely where it is supposed to be. Be prepared for dry skin, rashes, and hair loss. The location I worked at had multiple spots of BLACK MOLD. These were even noticed and pointed out by customers. Multiple leaking spots which led to this. The teaching cards we used had BLACK MOLD in between the lamination. Full time staff do not get benefits.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Happy staff = happy customers. Get new management/even out work loads. Stop over working your employees.

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2019-08-31
  1. "I Couldn't Imagine How Much I'd Grow to Love this Company!"

Current Employee - Regional Director in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Valuable purpose in the community. Purposeful mission and vision. Core values drive decisions. Opportunity for growth and travel. Leadership development. Collaboration with management across the entire franchise (global). Tremendous support from Headquarters. Freedom to develop your franchise location and team in ways that work for your business. Incredible workplace for first-time job seekers such as teen and young... adults. Uniform could consist of shorts and flip flops! Children are highly entertaining, and you get to see them every day! Develop relationships with families and watch them grow - literally (kids grow up in our schools and siblings are added to families!)

Cons

I will update when I think of something!

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2019-10-08
  2. "Very useful experience for the College and High School Students to work here"

Current Employee - Instructor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity to work and learn in an awesome company, very flexible hours and schedule. No need to work late hours or long hours, still catch up with my homework and social life.

Cons

Can't find better place than Aqua-Tots to work!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Aqua-Tots Swim Schools2019-09-24

Discover more reviews about Aqua-Tots Swim Schools.