"Aquent Studios is the best of all worlds"

Current Freelancer - Graphic Designer in Blacksburg, VA

I have been working at Aquent for more than 10 years

Pros

Aside from the people being wonderful to work with, and all of the other things I love about Aquent in general, I'd say that one of the most enchanting things about Aquent Studios is that you can work in your jammies and STILL have taxes taken care of! (Aquent takes taxes out and gives you a w2 at the end of the year so you're saving hours and hours of freelance-related frustration and paperwork) You get to work on a variety of projects and clients without having to go pitch and compete with other freelancers and agencies. You get paid for your time. You get paid, period. You have to track your hours, but you actually get paid for every hour you spend on a project and while that sounds like a simple thing (particularly compared to onsite work) it's huge. Everybody at Aquent treats you well. It's like they're humans, too, or something. It's amazing. But at the core what Aquent Studios has done is take the best of all worlds and made it available to you. You can work from home/the beach/the cafe/anywhere with wifi, with colleagues who treat you with respect, you get paid for the work you do without having to submit invoices and cross your fingers that you'll actually get paid, and you get to work on a lot of interesting projects for big clients. If you're a freelance designer with your own gear and wifi, you should really be signed up with Aquent Studios because *this* is the way offsite freelance design should be done.

Cons

It's not really a con because it relates to any kind of non-onsite freelancing, but you need your own computer, Creative Cloud account, and a decent library of digital assets with appropriate licensing. There's not a guaranteed amount of work per week, so sometimes it can be a little feast or famine. Like other kinds of freelancing aside from long term on-site contracts. You could in theory cherry-pick your assignments but you'd be doing Aquent Studios a disservice and probably bumping yourself further back in line for future assignmetns, so there are times you'll have to work on stuff that doesn't actively float your boat. Like you would at an onsite assignment, or in a world where you had any personal overhead costs whatsoever and no trust fund or winning lottery ticket. Depending on the branch you're working with, you may have to sometimes enter your time on two systems, which can be a hassle, but that's probably a temporary situation and it's still worth the trouble. You may find yourself talking to inanimate objects more often than normal if you don't take your laptop out into the world sometimes.

Continue reading
  1. "Amazing Organization!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Account Director in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Aquent full-time

Pros

Progressive & inventive staffing organization, which are not generally words you associate together. You're supported but not micro-managed, people you work with care about you and your success, and you have access to amazing tools and training to do your job really well! Also- the benefits are insanely fantastic. Aquent genuinely cares about the talent we send out on into the clients we support- really great place to work ;)

Cons

I have to enter 5 words here- but I genuinely have no cons! The only thing I will say, is you need to be someone who can manage their work & time and not be afraid to seek out information you need when you need it. Very entrepreneurial spirit here- which I know can be tough for some.

2. "Great work ethics"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Frontend Engineer in Moline, IL

I have been working at Aquent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work ethics and a place to learn technical skills

Cons

Leave policy, vacation and other benefits are not good

Discover more reviews about Aquent.