Aquent - Friendly place, better than they were as Sakson and Taylor | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aquent

"Friendly place, better than they were as Sakson and Taylor"

Former Contractor - Senior Technical Writer in Seattle, WA
Former Contractor - Senior Technical Writer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Aquent as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Reasonably friendly and efficient, they contacted me and got me a couple solid contracts.

Cons

Somewhat limited clientele. Also, when they were Sakson and Taylor they threatened to sue me for breach of contract because I didn't work the full length of a contract with them. No issues with that sort of nonsense since they went to Aquent.

Advice to Management

Keep expanding the network in the northwest.

Other Employee Reviews for Aquent

"Nice people, ok benefits"

Current Employee - Media Author III in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Media Author III in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aquent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Recruiters and resource managers are generally nice. Environment is good at the position they placed me in and in general it seems like they care about my well being.

Cons

They take a large cut of your money like most staffing agencies do.
    Benefits are only ok.
    No vacation time.
    No bonuses for hours worked.
    No sick days.

Advice to Management

Give your employees sick days and vacation so they can continue making you free money.

2. "Great benefits - even for part-time contractors!"

Current Contractor - Marketing/Communications Writer in Plano, TX
    Current Contractor - Marketing/Communications Writer in Plano, TX

I have been working at Aquent as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I was really impressed with the benefits package - excellent health care, 401K, flexible spending accounts for healthcare, parking, child or elder care, reasonable holidays - and I was just working part-time! I became benefits-eligible after working 20 hours a week for four weeks - but had to maintain . They also offered a number of helpful webinars and contests on health and wellness topics, as well as some training opportunities.

The staff members I dealt with were always very friendly and helpful. While I was working, I heard from my agent on a regular basis, and felt like she genuinely cared about me and my career.

Also, the online interface was easy to use -- to enter time cards, check benefits and refer friends.

Cons

After my last contract came to an end, I haven't heard much from them. I had hoped for more support in finding another contract. I've heard the same complaint from another contractor who worked for the same client I did.

Advice to Management

From talking to other people who work on a contract basis, other firms offer more training resources. I was offered a couple of weeks of online self-paced training, but friends tell me other firms have considerably more available for contractors.