Aquent - A Good Agency To Work Through | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aquent

"A Good Agency To Work Through"

Current Employee - Hourly Talent in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Hourly Talent in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Respectful, upbeat agents
They offer health insurance
Pays quickly

Cons

You'll make less than if you freelance directly with an employer, but that's to be expected

Advice to Management

Training opportunities would be a plus.

Other Employee Reviews for Aquent

"Management Feedback"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

If management likes you its all good, but this is a clique oriented company and very prone to making quick and unfair judgements and RASH decisions.

Cons

Hard to get to know people due to the cliques. Unprofessional organization that thinks it is so neat because the founders are still running it. It is time to get a professional management team or CEO that can take it to the next level.

Advice to Management

Get an outside professional CEO to help you truly create excellence.

2. "Aquent Partners"

Current Employee - Freelance Designer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Freelance Designer in Detroit, MI

Pros

Aquent is one of the largest staffing agencies for creatives. I've worked with them on and off over the course of many years and have always found them to be helpful for finding temporary work or long-term contract positions. They've placed me jobs that have led to permanent hire and were helpful in finding work after being laid off.

The staff, and my Agent, have always been very friendly, professional, helpful and available to assist in any way they can. Aquent offers additional training onsite at their offices if you need it, and if you work consistently, you are eligible for health benefits—very important these days! They also partner with many other company's (Apple being one of them) to offer their employees discounts on services and merchandise.

Cons

There are very few cons that I can think of with working with Aquent and the con depends on the economy, so it really isn't a reflection on the company itself. The one downside is that in a bad economy the variety of assignments is limited. In years past, if I had an assignment for two weeks that ended, typically, I could be working again soon after. Nowadays it seems that assignments are scarce and I've been lucky to be on assignment with my former employer. On one hand companies are hiring temps to do the work because they don't have budgets to hire anyone, but on the other hand....there are fewer positions overall to be filled—contract or permanent.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!