Aramark - Another happy worker. | Glassdoor

"Another happy worker."

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager in Downers Grove, IL
Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager in Downers Grove, IL

Pros

ARAMARK is a company that invests in it's people. Their career management process is excellent and opportunities exist and are afforded to individuals who show high potential. Additionally, employee development is a main focus throughout the year. Employees are discussed with senior management on a quarterly basis through a succession planning process. Additionally, it is a company that definitely values work/life balance. They afford the opportunity to work at home when necessary. They understand familial obligations supercede late night meetings or events. My overall experience has been spectacular in the two years in which I've worked there. Just recently my region was eliminated. The higher management thought enough of my performance that they created a position for me for the upcoming year until another postion could be found.

Cons

Large company. Some downsizing decisions that have recently been made have been understood but unfortunate.

Advice to Management

I think the senior management is excellent.

Other Employee Reviews for Aramark

1. "Why work for Aramark when there are so many better companys ?"

Current Employee - Worker in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Worker in Roanoke, VA

Pros

Benefits is the only reason ,At one plant there has been only two worker moved up to management .

Cons

Aramark can care less about your Work/life Balance ,Management turnover is very high,Could care less if your sick ,you better have the sickdays ,Get hurt on the job and your marked for the rest of your career .

Advice to Management

Take more care of your current customer and not trying to get new customers .Be more flexible with your workers ,If someone needs time off and there job is not needed let them take it .Every penny counts take Ideas from your workers were to save money forget the rule book .

2. "A company providing professional opportunities for motivated individuals"

Current Employee - Assistant Concessions Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Concessions Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

ARAMARK is a great company for introducing new ideas in the industry to see if they will work or not. Its like introducing a new product to a test market and if it succeeds it will most likely be used by other location throughout ARAMARK. Its a great place for young professionals get their career started and build their resume with the different opportunities to advance and travel to other locations. If you love to travel within the USA or even internationally ths is the company for you. ARAMARK also provides great networking opportunities and encourages your professional growth.

Cons

The different lines of business and different locations all have different working hours. Some are not as time involved as others, but those that are prove to be a challenge for work and personal life balance. Most senior management recognizes this and struggles with the same issue so there are some more willing to work with you compared to others. There are restrictions with what you are able to do in certain situations because in most cases ARAMARK is an outsourced company that has to get approval from their client which at times can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

I would tell them the opportunities we have been given to fill out surveys and provide feed back have given the lower management a chance to give input. Also the new intiatives that have been put in place over the last year have seemed to answer the demands of the customers and clients using our services. I would like there to be a little more understanding for time off with different lines of business since more hours are required of certain managers compared to others.