Aramark - Grat place to work with boundless opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aramark

"Grat place to work with boundless opportunities"

Current Employee - Director of Operations in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Director of Operations in Kansas City, MO

Pros

The job is always changing and you get to do different and exciting things all the time. The ability to work in different environments because of the nature of the business. I have been in the Stadium and Arenas side of the business which has given me the opportunity to travel all over the country to assist other accounts with their events.

Cons

Being that it is an event based business the hours can be long and when you think you will get some time off and rest/relaxation an event pops up out of nowhere and you have to work on your scheduled days off.

Advice to Management

Train more, Teach more, And Listenmore often to alternative ideas

Other Employee Reviews for Aramark

"One ARAMARK Employee: Never afraid to speak his mind."

Current Employee - General Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

I like the opportunities that the company has given me over the ten years I've been with ARAMARK. Quite a bit has to do with my drive and skill set, but there is also some to do with the leadership that I've had, and the mentoring role that they've played over the years. I've also been afforded the opportunity to travel with ARAMARK, but then again, that is a derivitive of the performance and drive that I've shown.

Cons

Like any job I've been in, being in one location for too long tends to get a bit boring. I am a person that likes to have changing roles on a pretty frequent basis. And as it is with any large corporation, some of the processes and politics within the company get rather tiresome.

Advice to Management

In my limited exposure to the corporate tower and some groups that work there, it appears as if there is this "high and mighty" attitude that shows itself out in the field. Most of those folks really need to remember that they came from the field, and they should not forget their roots. Seems to be a tight knit, rather clique-ish group, and if you anger the wrong person, your chances for advancement become severly limiting.

2. "No complaints"

Current Employee - Enterprise Review Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Review Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

The company is very supportive of employee professional development. I have worked there for 2 months, and the company has already spent roughly $3,000 on training for me, and is already planning more. My job requires me to review contracts as they relate to potential business; the company has sent me to observe how hourly employees function, which costs money, but in the end allows me to perform my job in a much more detailed and meaningful way. My managers have had multiple discussions with me during my time here to discuss what can be done to prepare me for a future career, and they have not limited that advice to how I can serve ARAMARK.

Cons

I have yet to find any downsides.

Advice to Management

As an employee hired during a recession, I am immensely grateful to have not just a job, but a GOOD job at this time. Thank you.