Aramark - Overall a good experience, typical work frustration at times | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aramark

"Overall a good experience, typical work frustration at times"

Former Employee - Catering Manager in North Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Catering Manager in North Chicago, IL

Pros

My Area Manager was a straight shooter about changes that would be happening within the company, especially during the economic downturn. He was very clear about changes in job responsibilities & when people needed to accomplish certain tasks. My Area mgr was respectful off my family demands and as long as I had coverage was ok with me being late or missing work if needed.

Cons

A lot of micromanagement. Lack of emphasis on quality and using the team members skills to be creative in menu design. Unfortunately losing accounts for various reasons so growth opportunities are dwindling.

Advice to Management

Just as I was told by my Area Mgr, use my resources to help me focus on other things they should do the same for menu design. Go to accounts, place a lifeguard chair in the middle of the cafeteria & watch customers. They are bored by a 3 week rotation. Don't take in house foodservice for granted.

Other Employee Reviews for Aramark

"Idiots"

Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

Pros

Commissions - No direct supervision - Pay - Benefits

Cons

Hot as hell during summer months. Management would constantly try and roll out new things, but there was no follow-thru. Complete incompetence, when you consider just how big a company Aramark is, and how huge a market Dallas is. It was pretty much ran like an amateur business, in the grand scheme of things

Advice to Management

If you really care about your customers - invest the money to deliver a better product to them, which will in turn, make it easier to sell your product. As it is much easier to sell a product you ACTUALLY believe in.

"A good company to work if you get in to the right group"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Pros

ARAMARK Uniform Services has a relatively simple business model, that proivdes company stability. Employees in general are focused on providing supportive working environment and willing to help to each other and customers to the best of their abilities.

Cons

Several major management shake ups in too short period of time, In transition trying to figure out how to go from being a stable company with below industry average topline growth to average or above growth rate and associated pain

Advice to Management

Make clear decision, communicate complete plan to employees, eliminate uncertainty about companies direction and policies. It appears management is more focused on very very short term objectives which may end up hurting company a lot more.