Aramark - Great co-workers and customers..... need to refocus management! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aramark

"Great co-workers and customers..... need to refocus management!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grandview, MO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grandview, MO

Pros

Great Customers - I loved working with the customers.
Great Co-workers - I felt like family to many of my co-workers.
Free or discounted food - free frozen/fresh food and discount at Aramark Cafes.
I learned a lot about customer service from my co-workers.

Cons

No room for advancment! They claim that there is big opprotunities to advance at Aramark, yet the three managers that I reported to were all hired from outside. Many co-workers are upset because they were passed over for promotion, when a new manager was hired from outside of company.

This location has been lossing many good accounts and clients state dissatisfication with management specifically. They love the workers, but dislike half of management.

With higher pay (comparable to Coke or Pepsi) and an opprotunity to move up into management I would have stayed around, but management likes to play games. They thank you for hard work, but then go behind your back and talk trash on you! The raises are a joke! They gave me a raise but then upped insurance cost taking even more out of my pay check! Could have left insurance premium the same and not given me a raise! At least my take home pay would have remained the same instead of going down!

Their pricing is crazy with many new accounts being charged $55-60 for a filter change, meanwhile long-term loyal customers are be suckered for over $100. Everytime sales drop, prices are raised to make up for lost revenue resulting in higher prices! Then more customers cancel their service. Get with the picture....... higher prices, less business... lower prices, more business! Not rocket science.

Many great employees are let go, one being a wonderful honest sales lady that was let go because her sells had fallen. Meanwhile another salesmen was handed sales ass companies moved into his territority. Plus he would lie and leave out information for new accounts and leave it up to other staff to explain cost and fees and deal with upset customer. Simple things like menetioning installation charges, filter fees, or promising equipment we didn't have. All of the lies and deception and he makes Salesman of the month..... yet the other salesman was honest and got kicked to the curb.

I worked hard and was a company man, but the company is not for its employees.... so it was time to go!

Advice to Management

WAKE UP!!!!! There are many good people working for Aramark that are being held down. Get the oppressors out and let the people be free to serve their customers and grow the Aramark Business. Aramark Food Service (hospitals and cafes) are successful because great management, you need more of them. I would have loved to worked in the cafes instead of vending!

Other Employee Reviews for Aramark

1. "Mostly part time jobs."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Pros

You are working at the Angels Stadium so it can be a fun atmosphere. If you are a hawker you get to see some of the game as you work. Food is provided before your shift starts. Some positions provide partial benefits.

Cons

You will be working a late shift with no break for dinner. There are very little full time positions available within this company. Any job will likely add up to the equivalent of one quarter or one eighth of a work year.

Advice to Management

There are people who would like to advance their careers within the company. It is probably a good idea to provide them with opportunities to advance without them having to sacrifice their benefits.

"AUS has eroded from being a great place to work in just a few short years!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I worked at Aramark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay - base and bonus is competitive. Location of Corporate Office (Burbank) Close to train station. Investment in technology and other tools to help you do your job.

Cons

This is quite the good old boy company. The President let go a number of people on the leadership team last year and has surrounded himself with his buddies. No women or POC Executives to look up to. To give you a sense of the insentive culture, after a number of rounds of lay offs. The leader stands up in a meeting and tells us that we have money to spend on our corporate office and wants suggestion on whether we should build a workout area or other ideas.

Advice to Management

As the economy improves, more job opportunities are coming open. I would be concerned that you have done little to build a culture that says this is a place that people should want to stay.