Aramark - Politics and excessive paperwork may make this a negative place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aramark

"Politics and excessive paperwork may make this a negative place to work."

Former Employee - Executive Chef in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Former Employee - Executive Chef in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Aramark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good benefits, weekends and holidays off and high pay are make this company a good place to work. Travel to do training and opening events is fun and rewarding if you don't mind being away from your family. Good training.

Cons

Old computer systems, worthless company applications, excess documentation make the job tedious and boring at times. Middle management often makes poor decisions based on little solid information. No communication going up the command chain.

Advice to Management

Ditch the cost food control programs they do not work to save money. Focus on the food quality, not the cheapest way to do business. Get back to the fresh food approach, stop purchasing cheap frozen foods.

Other Employee Reviews for Aramark

1. "Just bad"

Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Indiana, PA
    Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Indiana, PA

I worked at Aramark part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employment for international students on campus, which is pretty limited. But to get the job itself is pretty hard because there are tons of people wanting to work, and it mostly depends on luck more than anything else,

Cons

Micromanaging, lots of yelling from the managers. I worked for 12 hours straight without any rest and my supervisors regularly yelled at me for no apparent reason.

Advice to Management

Treat your workers well, and review your supervisors regularly

2. "Its okay as something on the side, pretty flexible."

Current Employee - Stand Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Stand Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

The fact that I get to work on campus and my previous supervisor was very understanding so my hours were very flexible.

Cons

There are times when you can get around six hours of work a week and others where you can get around fifty. Hours are too inconsistent.

Advice to Management

The supervisors are too inconsiderate of their employees and should at least look up some hours for them in other departments.