Aramark - Ok, but could be better | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aramark

"Ok, but could be better"

Current Employee - Cook in Carpentersville, IL
Current Employee - Cook in Carpentersville, IL

I have been working at Aramark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This employer is part of a larger company with many other accounts. This fosters the potential for promotion. There are small, close-knit staffs within the individual kitchens. Many staff members have years of experience and knowledge to learn from. Upper management is polite and seems to have the best interests in mind. Aramark gives annual cost of living raises.

Cons

I had hoped for more opportunities to advance, but this may also be due to the economy. Hours have been cut, but the workload has increased. I had expected more formal training to trickle down from the corporate level. For example new HACCP worksheets were introduced. The only information distributed with them was a sheet of written instructions. A simple example of a filled out form would have helped.

Advice to Management

The use pf more bi-lingual documentation and media would help make our Hispanic coworkers feel more included. The system for raises punishes those who receive disciplinary action, but it does not encourage/reward behaviors that go above and beyond the basic expectations/have greater work loads. Regular employee recognition would also be beneficial (i.e. on birthdays).

Other Employee Reviews for Aramark

1. "Very Satisfying"

Current Intern - Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Intern - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Aramark as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As an intern I was highly involved and challenged. I was able to make an impact at my location that still is being used.

Cons

Some of the way things are done seem old fashioned. I feel a gap is there between the upcoming millennial generation.

Advice to Management

Keep up the involvement of the interns. However, you could involve your full-time employees more often.

"Business Services"

Former Employee - Fsd in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Fsd in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Aramark full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good company to work for and some nice people in upper management. Most of the operations management are good people.

Cons

Most district manager and VP's are out to cover their on butts and don't want to help with developing anyone. The problems with the Harrisburg Capital building was horrific and most of the bame went on tho the director of the facility. The district manager and the VP should have been canned because they knew and avoided the place as a headache. in all companies you have politics but in this division in that DM to VP level they suck and Aramark should clean house and start over. Also the HR dept is inept.

Advice to Management

Get a hold on growing the business and taking responsiblity for you and your underlings. Promote from within and start developing others around you.