Aramark - Random days, crap pay, no respect but lots of freedom | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aramark

"Random days, crap pay, no respect but lots of freedom"

Former Contractor - Cashier in New York, NY
Former Contractor - Cashier in New York, NY

I worked at Aramark as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Not full or even part time hours, so if you need extra money here and there it isn't a bad deal.

Cons

No training or even introduction at any of the job sites, laziest coworkers EVER, and crap pay.

Advice to Management

A least give the name of the person in charge of our location so we can ask for help.

Other Employee Reviews for Aramark

1. "Large Company to work for but seasonal for most hourly employees."

Former Employee - Location Supervisor in Mississippi State, MS
    Former Employee - Location Supervisor in Mississippi State, MS

I worked at Aramark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

large company with college degree you have a chance for advancement in management. Great benefits insurance, 401k, bonuses.

Cons

Hourly employees get laid off a lot when classes are out. Work stations can be hot and not very worker friendly. Hourly employees tend to be treated substandard because of the tax breaks by hiring the less fortunate.

Advice to Management

Hire quality people and pay accordingly, instead of bodies to fill spots.

2. "Ok, but could be better"

Current Employee - Cook in Carpentersville, IL
    Current Employee - Cook in Carpentersville, IL

I have been working at Aramark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This employer is part of a larger company with many other accounts. This fosters the potential for promotion. There are small, close-knit staffs within the individual kitchens. Many staff members have years of experience and knowledge to learn from. Upper management is polite and seems to have the best interests in mind. Aramark gives annual cost of living raises.

Cons

I had hoped for more opportunities to advance, but this may also be due to the economy. Hours have been cut, but the workload has increased. I had expected more formal training to trickle down from the corporate level. For example new HACCP worksheets were introduced. The only information distributed with them was a sheet of written instructions. A simple example of a filled out form would have helped.

Advice to Management

The use pf more bi-lingual documentation and media would help make our Hispanic coworkers feel more included. The system for raises punishes those who receive disciplinary action, but it does not encourage/reward behaviors that go above and beyond the basic expectations/have greater work loads. Regular employee recognition would also be beneficial (i.e. on birthdays).