Aramark - Private equity owner means primary focus is ROI for company and clients | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aramark

"Private equity owner means primary focus is ROI for company and clients"

Former Employee - Food Service Director in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Food Service Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at Aramark full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great basics for operations and quality improvement.

Cons

As with all corporate business, not enough investment in staff development for long-term. Too much focus on quarterly results.

Advice to Management

Manage the middle better - think long term.

Other Employee Reviews for Aramark

1. "accounting dept this company is doing poorly"

Current Employee - A/R in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - A/R in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Aramark full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

relaxed office environment. thats about all i can think of

Cons

too large of a work load. low pay compared to area employers. poor management

Advice to Management

cross train..work each job for a period no less then 3 weeks to have a full understanding of the workload assigned to each employee. this will help you obtain more realistic goals.

2. "What is wrong with this picture"

Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Millbrook, NY
    Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Millbrook, NY

I have been working at Aramark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was good, but now I hear they are putting a cap on their pay scale and the benefits are good
    I worked for a private school so we had a lot of down time

Cons

In the first 2 months after I was hired my worked schedule (times that I worked, days off) and my job title changed 7 times.
    Because I worked for a private school when we had down time we had to apply for unemployment which was a hassle.
    The componet that I worked at was very small and most of the kitchen appliances where very out dated and always breaking down.
    When you go out on down time, you are laid off because of lack of work, which really messes with you insurence. When you are out for the summer you are offered Cobra which wants all the money up front to provide you with insurence all summer.

Advice to Management

Make sure your supervisors know what they are doing before you bring them in. Allow workers to pay extra during the year if they know they will be out in the summer to cover the insurence. Offer outside training to all your workers not just managment so that they can advance in the company. Have written job descriptions, if you can do it for the components that are union you can do it for those that are not. Tell supervisors that they can not bring someone in give them a title (which in most cases means nothing) and then not let them do the job, that is deceptive hiring practices.