Aramark - What is wrong with this picture | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aramark

"What is wrong with this picture"

Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Millbrook, NY
Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Millbrook, NY

I have been working at Aramark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was good, but now I hear they are putting a cap on their pay scale and the benefits are good
I worked for a private school so we had a lot of down time

Cons

In the first 2 months after I was hired my worked schedule (times that I worked, days off) and my job title changed 7 times.
Because I worked for a private school when we had down time we had to apply for unemployment which was a hassle.
The componet that I worked at was very small and most of the kitchen appliances where very out dated and always breaking down.
When you go out on down time, you are laid off because of lack of work, which really messes with you insurence. When you are out for the summer you are offered Cobra which wants all the money up front to provide you with insurence all summer.

Advice to Management

Make sure your supervisors know what they are doing before you bring them in. Allow workers to pay extra during the year if they know they will be out in the summer to cover the insurence. Offer outside training to all your workers not just managment so that they can advance in the company. Have written job descriptions, if you can do it for the components that are union you can do it for those that are not. Tell supervisors that they can not bring someone in give them a title (which in most cases means nothing) and then not let them do the job, that is deceptive hiring practices.

Other Employee Reviews for Aramark

1. "Started out great until they purchased Masterplan and inferior management."

Former Employee - Imaging Service Engineer in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Imaging Service Engineer in Richmond, VA

I worked at Aramark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits not bad and pay medium; The manager that hired me and a co-worker got out of there, to a new company, as soon as Masterplan was purchased.

Cons

Top heavy; too many managers that have nothing better to do than invite negativity about the little guy, FSE, out of the customer. Stupid meetings where managers out number Field Engineers 2 or 3 to 1. Make big promises to get the Bon Secours contract away from GE and then abuse the Field Engineers! it was terrible.

Advice to Management

Get a life. Fire David Wickerscam!

2. "Aramark at Allen in waterloo is terrible."

Current Employee - Housekeeping in Waterloo, IA
    Current Employee - Housekeeping in Waterloo, IA

I have been working at Aramark full-time

Pros

Above average pay and benefits

Cons

Horrible bosses, terrible morale, high turnover, not enough time to do jobs right.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Aramark.