Aramark - Great Place | Glassdoor

"Great Place"

Pros

Great Company to work for. Looking to grow.

Cons

Systems and infrastrucure are behind the times

Other Employee Reviews for Aramark

"Used to be a great company to work for"

Pros

Used to be home to some really talented, upbeat people. Good sales training program. Compensation is good for the top performers.

Cons

Multiple downsizings in 2009 absolutely killed morale throughout the organization. After each one they would say that's it - then a month later more people get the axe. They add executive positions and gut the field level leaving no support for the people on the street actually getting the job done. Bob Wilson killed this group - I understand he finally got the boot but it will take years to get back to where we were.

Advice to Management

Having a meeting about how important employee engagement is does not equal engagement. Actually follow through on something that you promise the field in regards to recognition. Quit rolling out so many new initiatives at the same time. Pick the most important, focus on those so we can do them well, then get the next round in. As it stands we try to do so many different things that we can't do anything well.

2. "Good at times but could have been better"

Pros

One of the best things about working with Aramark is that you do have a plethora of options to choose from, and can switch your job around within the company.

Cons

Decisions were not always made to consider the employees but were mostly made based on what looked good on paper and what was expedient.

Advice to Management

The best advice I could give management would be to really consider how different "cost cutting" practices affect employees before considering how they affect the wallet.