Aramark - Had a good experience until this past year - I'm ready to leave now. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aramark

"Had a good experience until this past year - I'm ready to leave now."

Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Aramark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My manager supports personal development and work-life balance. The people I work with are fantastic. I have had many good experiences and opportunities, and my salary is very competitive.

Cons

This past year has been a nightmare. The new CEO fired hundreds of managers who had been there. Perhaps he saw tenure as the inability to change. The new CEO is also bringing in a bunch of people from Pepsi where he used to work. Although I agree with a "fresh eyes" approach for changing culture, I believe the new CEO and his team are short-sighted. You can't have people who don't understand the current culture and the complexity of the business making major decisions about the future of the company. I think their approach is all wrong.

Advice to Management

You say you want to put the "front line first," but your current strategy really doesn't lessen the workload for the front line or the district managers. Plus, your approach for separating employees from the company is poor. In addition to the people you're separating from the company involuntarily, you're losing many more voluntarily and disengaging hundreds of others. Your" hobby" of trying to rebuild this company is negatively affecting the financial security and emotions of the employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Aramark

"Good and Bad"

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Wixom, MI
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Wixom, MI

I have been working at Aramark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to be your own boss to a point, but they want you to increase customers bills by damaging items that weren't perfect to begin with. If you get a decent route it is only 60 hours per week. One person quits a month so there is opportunity for advancement for the right person. If you enjoy dirty, dusty work with angry customers 12 hours a day then it is decent.

Cons

They tell you it is 55 hours and week but it is more like 70. You start out hourly which ends up being $1000/week and eventually they put you on a route and you end up making $500. Garments and products are continually shorted and the customers are frequently unhappy. You have to have a thick skin.

Advice to Management

Focus more on service than overcharging customers.

2. "My colleague were great, high level management - not so much"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Aramark full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I made some great friends while at this company and got to work on some fun projects. Much of it depends on who you work for and what geographic location you are in.

Cons

The company overall makes decisions that don't make sense. It could be because they are going through a large cultural shift. Employee perks to attract good talent, did not exist at my level.

Advice to Management

Start treating your employees like assets. Their input should be valued, not ignored. Marketing managers/coordinators should get performance bonuses. Seriously, you ask for huge increases in sales, but give nothing in return but a 2% (if that) increase. You have people that work very hard for you and a "sincere thank you" is hard to come by.