Aramark - Food Services | Glassdoor

"Food Services"

Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Miami, FL

I have been working at Aramark full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

good benefits and national company

Cons

Need more opportunities for advancement

Other Employee Reviews for Aramark

1. "Good place to be after college"

Former Employee - Assistant Facility Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Facility Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Aramark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Job security, wonderful training opportunities, you get to travel a lot and many other good stuff. With the right manager, you can advance well. Wonderful safety program and employee support. I loved being at Aramark!

Cons

Pay could be challenging if you work in big metro areas with high cost of living. Some managers could be old school type with no room for new ideas and they often feel threatened.

Advice to Management

Continue striving for excellence with a goal to improve the lives of children. Please, review managers accurately and not kindly.

"Had a good experience until this past year - I'm ready to leave now."

Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Aramark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My manager supports personal development and work-life balance. The people I work with are fantastic. I have had many good experiences and opportunities, and my salary is very competitive.

Cons

This past year has been a nightmare. The new CEO fired hundreds of managers who had been there. Perhaps he saw tenure as the inability to change. The new CEO is also bringing in a bunch of people from Pepsi where he used to work. Although I agree with a "fresh eyes" approach for changing culture, I believe the new CEO and his team are short-sighted. You can't have people who don't understand the current culture and the complexity of the business making major decisions about the future of the company. I think their approach is all wrong.

Advice to Management

You say you want to put the "front line first," but your current strategy really doesn't lessen the workload for the front line or the district managers. Plus, your approach for separating employees from the company is poor. In addition to the people you're separating from the company involuntarily, you're losing many more voluntarily and disengaging hundreds of others. Your" hobby" of trying to rebuild this company is negatively affecting the financial security and emotions of the employees.