Aramark - Great people, outstanding training and systems to achieve our goals. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Aramark

"Great people, outstanding training and systems to achieve our goals."

Current Employee - Executive Chef in New York, NY
Current Employee - Executive Chef in New York, NY

I have been working at Aramark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They care for their employees, is the best asset that they have.

Cons

Some times profitability is more important than quality.

Advice to Management

let the talent of the employees shine....

Other Employee Reviews for Aramark

1. "Biased Company"

Pros

Base Pay Rate, Up to date kitchens, and such

Cons

Biased, Seems that every manager wants to hire their family

"Event Supervisor Concessions at Angel Stadium"

Current Employee - Event Supervisor Concessions in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Event Supervisor Concessions in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Aramark part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the people I worked with were great. Loved the actual work. Loved the interaction with our guests and Guest relations for the Angels was the highlight. Getting paid to catch a glimpse of the game here and there and helping to make memories was truly rewarding. Pay was decent. The entire experience was ruined however buy poor managements: see cons

Cons

Horrible management with only two exceptions. The VP and the Pres. Great guys but never around. Middle management couldn't find there ass with both hands and a map!! Rude, bordering on abusive. Never there to lend a hand or advice when truly needed, but very quick to critisize in front of guests and co-work ers.All they cared about was the bottom line. The lost sight of our Mission statement. Could not wait to see the numbers to see how much their bonus would be. That's right, I have been management as well fellas, we are not stupid!! I became ill about mid season. I have a disease which flares up from time to timewas disclosed upon my hiring. It can be very debilitating causing loss of work. Had to call in a few times. Condition. Got bad toward end of season and doctors did not want to release me for work. I could handle my duties just fine it was the pain involved. Last homestandof the season I was able to get my release to go back to work. After much pleading. I wanted to finish out the season with my co-workers crew and mostly our guests. Was told by HR and management that the dates on my medical release did not go back to the first date I missed work due to ilness. Was off by two days. Those two days happened to be a weekend. My doc is off weekends and my condition was not an emergency. Talk about kicked in the teeth. Tried to bring in all of my medical records to HR for review.Got the they are not here and we c not accept those.Way to go middle managent. Lost the Honda Center and Angel Stadium within three months and 1500-2000 local jobs. Shameful. Hope you all are humbled by this and remember the Mission StateNment. You failecyd Aramark miserablely.

Advice to Management

Remember your focus and your mission. Just because someone has a degree and may be great on the books does not meen they r good for Aramark. Keep your focus people and practice what you preach. I am thinking that Aramark can not afford to lose another top 5 pro sporting event venue. I loved my job and was very good at it, I like what the company stands for. I had an illness and worse yet an opinion. P.S. can not reach anyone here to see if I am still an employee or not. Never received my pink slip. If management changed for the better I would definitely return.