Aramark - Wonderful to work for - not sure what kind of changes are in store for the future | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aramark

"Wonderful to work for - not sure what kind of changes are in store for the future"

Current Employee - Accountant in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Accountant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Aramark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Positive work/life balance
Great location
Good benefits
Room for growth
Building has floor to ceiling windows - lots of natural light
Company overall has a community feeling to it

Cons

Since the CEO took over in 2012 a lot of big changes have been made, IPO took place in December and they are opening a global business center in Nashville, TN for Accounting and HR operations. Ultimately this results in lay offs for many long term committed employees. Communications regarding timelines for layoffs and transitions have been very poor to non-existent.

Other Employee Reviews for Aramark

"My experience with this company was not one to praise."

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Aramark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reasons to work here are for convenience if you are a student on the campus. Also if you're not one to like too much responsibility, this could be the job for you. Depending on what area you work in, you can build great employee relationships, as in finding and making even lifetime friends.

Cons

Compensation is horrible here IF they even pay you what you are supposed to be paid. They will sometimes even forget to pay you for certain days and then leave the blame on you. Everyone claims to be helping you to receive all your benefits, but really are only concerned about themselves. I know that the overall company has stated their values, but they are definitely not being carried out throughout the company (not sure of all locations of course).

Advice to Management

My first piece of advice is to get management that 1) knows what's going on and how to function in all of their locations on campus. 2) Communicates regularly with all employees. 3) Knows how to apply the job rules to themselves, for example, making sure you leave home problems at home. 4) Places people in management who know how to talk to people without being rude, arrogant, and flat out disrespectful. 5) Definitely need to get people who are ACTUALLY capable of multitasking without getting stressed or disorganized (it's as if they have no idea how to actually handle/do their jobs). 6) Stay on top of paying employees promptly and correctly as well as 7) making sure that everyone receives every benefit they have earned/belongs to them rightfully without putting up a fight.

2. "Administrative Assistant"

Former Employee - Office/Administrative Assistant in West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Office/Administrative Assistant in West Chester, PA

I worked at Aramark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Got a chance to learn directly under the district manager
    Schedule was very flexible

Cons

Overworked for position
    I was a student worker and got offered a promotion
    The promotion was to be the managers assistant/admin assistant.
    When I transitioned from student worker role to office worker role I realized how out of each and disorganized the back office and corporate was.
    Hours started getting longer workload got bigger.
    Manager left so I was basically running multiple convenience stores, inventory management, sales reports and accounts receivable on my own.
    And for all that work I was doing I was still getting paid a measly salary of $10 an hour because I was still technically a student.

Advice to Management

Organize yourselves and create a suitable work environment for your employees. It was hard enough to work long hours with little pay but even harder to work in the back of the student cafeteria in an office that had no windows.