Arby's - I worked at Arby's for almost 3 years, and felt like I was getting nowhere. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Arby's

"I worked at Arby's for almost 3 years, and felt like I was getting nowhere."

Former Employee - Team Trainer in Rome, GA
Former Employee - Team Trainer in Rome, GA

I worked at Arby's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They're good about working with your schedule while you're in school, and they try to cross train you in order to help you get promoted sooner if you're interested.

Cons

They're horrible about giving you good hours unless you're in management or work someone else's shift.

Other Employee Reviews for Arby's

1. "Bittersweet."

Current Employee - Crew Member in Holland, OH
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Holland, OH

I have been working at Arby's full-time

Pros

The people are great. All crew members, for the most part, are treated equally. It CAN be a fun environment. It's not typical fast food. Good training program.

Cons

There is a lot of favoritism. There's more motivation to do a bad job versus a good job. Managers don't do anything. EVERYTHING except paperwork is put onto crew members, who get paid minimum wage. There's only 2 chances per year to get a raise, and you are lucky to even get a $0.10 raise. It becomes a dead-end job quicker than imaginable. If you don't ass kiss or aren't someone's favorite, it doesn't matter how good at your job you are. Some people have a ton of responsibility, while others have absolutely none.

Advice to Management

Step up. Realize that crew members aren't slaves and work harder in one day than you do in a week. We don't get to sit. We don't get to eat. We drink out of a cone cup when we have a chance and hold our bladders for hours. We aren't there to serve you. We are there to do our job, do it right, do it thoroughly, and go home. When we see you do even a fraction of something we do every single day and see you struggle, it's hard not to laugh. It's hard not to lose respect for you. We hope it makes you realize that that's just a split second of what we feel EVERY DAY, but it doesn't. You are just happy it's not you. And that's wrong.

2. "Eleven good years."

Former Employee - District Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - District Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Arby's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Arby's is easy to manage. You can do large hourly sales number with a small staff. Product sales itself as long as it is prepared properly. Restaurants are easy to keep clean.

Cons

Arby's has too many menu items which slows down speed of service. There are too many types of bread to keep up with also.