Arc of the Ozarks - I loved the staff members that I worked with, but the company treats its employees terribly. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Arc of the Ozarks

"I loved the staff members that I worked with, but the company treats its employees terribly."

Former Employee - Behavioral Support Technician II in Springfield, MO
Former Employee - Behavioral Support Technician II in Springfield, MO

I worked at Arc of the Ozarks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work that you get to do with the clients of the Arc is one of the most challenging things you will ever take on, but it's also one of the most rewarding things in the world to see someone with disabilities succeed.

Cons

Poor pay, no help from upper level management with much of anything, and a lack of direction with some clients. There are too many clients that are there without funding that need it, and there are other clients that shouldn't have the funding that they do.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees. The work we do is some of the most difficult in the world, and there are MANY issues that need taken care of. Many in management have no idea what the actual conditions in the houses are like.

Other Employee Reviews for Arc of the Ozarks

"They are the worst company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Behavioral Support Technician II in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Behavioral Support Technician II in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Arc of the Ozarks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Getting to help clients, meeting nice people, having health insurance

Cons

Management is filled with a bunch of jerks who talk badly about all the employees below them, they don't know how to communicate with their staff, policies are in the grey area at best, and are not followed, managers are not consistent in their enforcement of policies, pay is low, no raises, there is constant turn-over making it hard to get a day off, growing pains, and very poor training.

Advice to Management

Get it together, and stop acting like it's the age of the good ole' boys. You need to fix your policies, and enforce them correctly. You have such high turnover because the management has no idea what it's doing or how to communicate with staff. Honestly the Arc needs help from someone outside the company, and for the higher ups to all be wiped out.

"Only if you're desperate and have no other options"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Arc of the Ozarks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every day is different; you aren't at a desk all day. You'll work alongside some cool people if you're lucky.

Cons

Horrid. Management barely keeps in touch to find out what the needs are within each home. Clients were mistreated, but couldn't speak for themselves. Also, clients can be very violent. Other workers could tell I was new because I didn't have any scars on my arms.

Advice to Management

Visit the homes more often. Workers aren't always handling situations properly, and mistreat the clients.