ArcelorMittal - Ein sehr herausforderndes Unternehmen | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ArcelorMittal

"Ein sehr herausforderndes Unternehmen"

Current Intern - Manager in Bremen, Bremen (Germany)
Current Intern - Manager in Bremen, Bremen (Germany)

I have been working at ArcelorMittal as an intern (More than 10 years)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Neue Geschäftsaktivitäten wie den Bergbau. Die Bereitschaft zur Weiterentwicklung ist Teil der Unternehmenskultur.

Cons

Aufgrund der Marktentwicklung in Europa derzeit in einer sehr schlechten Situation.

Advice to Management

Hören Sie Ihren Mitarbeitern besser zu.

Other Employee Reviews for ArcelorMittal

1. "En cours d'évaluation du cycle de vie"

Former Employee - Ingénieur De Recherche in Metz (France)
    Former Employee - Ingénieur De Recherche in Metz (France)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Beaucoup de travail en équipe, aptitudes à la présentation d'exposés

Cons

un environnement de travail sérieux et des horaires de travail stricts

2. "Arcelormittal Monessen Good Company to work for in the Mon Valley"

Current Employee - Heavy Machine Operator in Monessen, PA
    Current Employee - Heavy Machine Operator in Monessen, PA

I have been working at ArcelorMittal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay for this area. United Steelworkers Union. Pension Plan $2.90 per hour. Great health care benefits. 401K plan offered. Close to home for me. Shift differential. 1 Paid personal day, Paid Birthday Holiday. Vacation pay. Good safety training.

Cons

Dusty, Dirty, Hot working environment. Have to wear a nomex hood and respirator and PPE at all times while working on the batteries, even while in the summer and while operating machinery. Makes it very hot and miserable. Working outside in the elements, rain or snow or shine or 90+ degrees. Forced overtime. Operations of old heavy equipment. Some employees do alot less than other employees that are doing the same job.

Advice to Management

Would like to see this company do more for their employees. I know Arcelormittal has a website that offers a few discounts, but they aren't great and employees barely use them. Similar companies offer discount baseball/football tickets to their employees. Some smaller named companies that I know of give Steelers tickets to their (over 500+) employees for FREE. We don't even have 180 employees including management. It would be nice to get something once or twice a year for our hard work. (Instead of the occasional pizza party that only the daylight crew or only the maintenance crew gets. Ive been an employee for 3 years now and i have never been on the daylight shift when they have these parties, how is that fair to the other crews?) Other companies have Christmas party's at local casinos or somewhere and raffle off tvs and nice things and also give each employee $250 to spend at the casino. Let's do something together and have a nice Christmas Party once a year or something. We are producing the BEST COKE IN THE NATION, give us something back for it! We work hard everyday, Most of us anyways. Overall, we have a good, safe work crew now and all of the bad employees were let go (for good reasons) after the new plant manager was hired. Give us a safety bonus of some sort. It is an incentive to work safely and work towards something. Maybe if no one gets hurt during a certain quarter, then reward the guys for it. I'm just offering suggestions or ideas. Of course everyone should be working safely daily. But, ALL of he other Arcelormittal Companys have a profit sharing and incentive plan, we do not! There is a USW district 10 picnic at Idlewild every year for a cost of $22, they have gone WAY down hill over the past 15 years. Last one I was at barely had anything at all to raffle off compared to precious years. it is a shame how this industry and usw has gone down hill. But this specific mill has not gone downhill as of lately and has made vast environmental and other upgrades thanks to Arcelormittal and its employees. Let's work together towards some kind of goal and be rewarded for accomplishing this goal as a team and company, not as a company vs union employee. I look to retire from this company in 20 some years, I would just like to see a little more effort on the companies part to take care of its employees. I don't think that is too much to ask. It doesn't have to be in a contract for us to do something like this!